Development  Engineering

To better serve the needs of our customers, beginning September 29 Engineering is open Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m. and is closed on Friday.

The City of Rowlett Community Development Department  accepts applications for review of Civil Plans and subsequent Resubmittals on Monday by 3:00 p.m.  Any application that does not provide the required exhibits or information will not be accepted by the city.

The application process for the various engineering permits now requires submission via the City’s online portal, MyGov.  Go to to sign-up and register for a Collaborator Account.  Go to to access the portal and make an application, select the Collaborator button to login and you will be able to apply for permits, view permit status, pay permit fees, request inspections, and view inspection status on all of your projects. If you need assistance with the MyGov portal, please call 972.412.6125 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

All non-franchise-utility Right-of-Way Permit applications are assessed a fee of $100.  All franchise-utility Right-of-Way Permit applications are not assessed a fee of $100.  To be processed, a complete Right-of-Way Permit application must consist of the following:

  • Complete ROW application, including valid DCAD/RCAD address.
  • Map or Site Plan clearly indicating the work location and that displays street names:  in come cases, depending on complexity and length of project, a complete set of drawings may be requested.
  • Fee payment, as applicable.
  • All documents must be received in PDF format.

Division Functions


  • Review and Regulation of all private development (development paid for by private entities) including residential subdivisions, commercial, and industrial projects.
  • Flood Plain Management - To ensure development in the flood hazard areas are in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and City Ordinances.
  • Administration of the Storm Water Management Program, Rights-of-Way and Easements within the City.
  • Management and Issuance of all Right-of-Way and Grading Permits

Permit Applications, Forms, & Checklist

Right-of-Way Permit (PDF) - A permit is required if you need to work in the City’s Right-of-Way (a strip of land that is granted, through an easement or dedication, for the purpose of public access and utility service).  

Contractor Registration - All Contractors who do work in the City of Rowlett must be registered.  Complete this PDF form and upload with your contractor registration request on MyGov.  We will not authorize Civil Plans or issue Right-of-Way Permits unless the Contractor is registered.

Grading Permit (PDF) - A permit is required if you are adding, removing, or moving dirt on your land/lot or subdivision.

Civil Engineering Plans Checklist (PDF)

Standard Details (PDF)

2019 Impact Fee Study

Master Fee Schedule

Master Thoroughfare Plan

MS4 Notice of Intent & Storm Water Management Program (SWMP), Term 3 Renewal Request

Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Information: ERU

Please download as-built form.  Complete form and email with required attachments.  

After Hours Inspection Requests

Please email all after hours inspection requests.