Follow These Safety Tips
- Plan ahead for travel time and give yourself sufficient time to get there without having to exceed speed limits or violate other laws.
- Remember children are playing in neighborhoods and the speed limit is 30 MPH.
- Do not enter an intersection until there is enough room to clear the entire intersection.
- Plan and take alternate routes to your destination.
- Never place a child safety seat in front of a vehicle airbag.
- Streets and alleys are designed for vehicles and should never be used as a playground for your children.
- Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- Stop while school buses are loading and unloading children.
- School zones are 20 MPH, and State law prohibits the use of hand-held devices in a school zone. Both violations are strictly enforced.
Did You Know?
- Texas Law requires motorists who are involved in any non-injury accident to remove the vehicles from the travel lane if they can be driven. The vehicles should be moved to a safe location and the necessary information should then be exchanged.
- You are required to use your safety belt in the manner in which it was designed to be used, which is shoulder strap over the shoulder.
- You are not required to stop for a School Bus loading or unloading if you are on a divided roadway and you are on the opposite side.
- If you double your speed, you quadruple your stopping distance.
For additional information regarding Traffic issues please Email or call Lieutenant Anthony Castiglione at 972-412-6227.