Alcohol Beverage Permits

Consumption Law

Beer and wine sales for off-premises consumption as well as sales of mixed beverages, beer and wine for restaurants have been allowed by permit and zoning since the approval by Rowlett voters in 2004. In May 2015, voters selected to legalize the sale of all alcoholic beverages for off premise consumption only where allowed by permit and zoning.

Obtaining a Permit

The City Secretary's Office will process each Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) alcoholic beverage application once it has been certified by the Comptroller of Public Accounts. Permits issued allow for alcohol sales within the City after appropriate city departments ensure compliance with all local ordinances and regulations.

For a convenience store or restaurant to obtain an alcoholic beverage permit, contact the TABC. Once the TABC process is completed and approved, you will receive a TABC Alcohol Permit. This permit usually covers a multi-year period.

Permit Review

Annually, the City Secretary's Office reviews the TABC public Records and contacts local entities that sell or serve alcoholic beverages within the City limits regarding the issuance of the City Alcohol Beverage Permit.

For more information on Alcoholic Beverage Permits, contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-412-6115.